Giving students the opportunity to share their love of books and reading helps to create a strong reading culture at our school. At Book Club we aim to encourage students to read more and to explore titles they might not otherwise. We hope to connect passionate readers from different classes and year levels and give students the chance to swap highly valued peer recommendations and reviews. The students will also have the opportunity to practise public speaking and respectful discussion.
- Read and enjoy literature.
- Identify questions and issues for discussion.
- Share and discuss their observations with their peers.
- Use language effectively to create knowledge, make meaning, challenge thinking, and expand their literary envisionments.
- Use language to develop as a classroom community of thinkers and learners, respectful of views other than their own.
- Duration 1 Hour
- Skills Literacy
- Class Size 15
- Grade PYP 1-6
- Available Seats